Re: want to ask?

On Mon, 2002-12-23 at 08:17, gideon barus wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have intalled Firestorm-0.5.1. I already read the
> README file!
>
> I run synflood program to Firestorm-0.5.1. How can I
> see the alert or report of the Attacker??
> I can't see the report at
> /var/firestorm/firestorm.log.

Check secition 0x6 of the README, it should be in alert.elog, use the
'firecat' tool to view the data.

FYI. The snort rules contain no signature for SYN flooding, in fact
thats not really possible with snort signatures. To test the
functionality you may be better with something like stick or snort. Or
perhaps just look at the signatures and use telnet to try to reproduce
it.

What is needed is a module for detecting possible synfloods by alerting
when a set connections/second threshold is reached. This could be used
generally to detect most kinds of DoS attack...

HTH

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at ecsc dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/gianni-at-ecsc.asc | gpg --import