Re: [ANN]: Firestorm 0.5.5 a.k.a. "It's just a ride"

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 15:09 +0100, Gianni Tedesco wrote:
> It's a macro from a kernel header which expands to include a asm
> volatile() containing a memory barrier instruction for the given
> architecture. What architecture are you compiling on i386 i assume? What
> kernel version did your glibc-kernheaders come from?
>
> The effected header is /usr/include/asm/system.h

Yes it is i386.

glibc-kernheaders is FC2 core release, and looks to be from kern 2.4:

[root@miyazaki firestorm-0.5.5]# rpm -qf /usr/include/asm/system.h
glibc-kernheaders-2.4-8.44

The system.h provided by glibc-kernheaders only defines two functions
(none of which are mb() ). The system.h included by the kernel itself
does however, so i'd be inclined to blame this on Fedora and I'll just
move the glibc one of the way and put the kernel one in place for the
build.

Cheers,
Matt
--