Re: debian "binary" package on apt repository

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 14:02, Tim Small wrote:
> >heh, yes, known problem, it's fixed in the next release, but there are
> >other bugs besides that. I should just de-advertise it until next
> >release unless someone wants to do the work of making 0.5.4 work right
> >that is....
> >
> So, which do you advise, latest snapshot, or 0.5.3 (for some mild
> experimentation in a light weight production environment)?

If the current snapshot compiles and runs (the buildscripts have been
changed a lot), it should definately be just as stable as 0.5.4.

> Also, I noticed that the web server is serving up some files with odd
> mime types, e.g.
>
> bignose:~/compile$ curl -I http://www.scaramanga.co.uk/firestorm/NEWS
> HTTP/1.1 200 OK
> Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:52:10 GMT
> Server: Apache
> Last-Modified: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:41:47 GMT
> ETag: "19d98-3588-3f7d7c9b"
> Accept-Ranges: bytes

Yeah, wierd, just changed to a debian box with default apache, hehe. I
noticed this myself when browsing with dilo. I'll look in to it.

> No idea, I haven't used any of them.  I do know that there are things
> like this tho':
>
> apt-cache show lists-archives
>
> But I'm not sure if you want something that is procmail-driven either
> (maybe you could run this from a cron instead?).

Looking at lists-archives right now, trying to figure out how it works,
thanks for the tip.

If that would work that would be cool, my ideal thing would just be a
cron job that just reads the ezmlm archives and generates nice html for
it with minimal fuss. -- And preferably without running awfuly complex
and buggy things like procmail etc.. :)

--
// Gianni Tedesco (gianni at scaramanga dot co dot uk)
lynx --source www.scaramanga.co.uk/gianni-at-ecsc.asc | gpg --import