Re: New improved firestorm core!

Hi again,

This weekend I wrote the preprocessor subsystem for the new codebase. I
currently have an IP defragmentation plugin which is very fast and
resilient to attack.

Preprocessors are bits of code that sit inbetween the decode and packet
classification stages in the sensor. Future preprocessors will do things
like tcp stream reassembly, connection tracking, gzip decompression
etc...

The new codebase (which will probably end up as firestorm 0.4.0) is
making good progress all round and will be made publically available as
soon as I have re-implemented the signature matching code.

I hope to get my CVS publically available at some point during the week
aswell.

--
// Gianni Tedesco <gianni@xxxxxxxxxx>
8646BE7D: 870E A2C9 8F60 3A3C 91B5 7669 8646 BE7D