Help wanted regarding Firestorm0.3.0 (NIDS)... if possible ASAP

Dear Mr.Gianni Tedesco,

       We are graduate students of university of
memphis in memphis,USA. We were trying to install
firestorm NIDS on linux box. we are facing some
problems. I am briefly oultining them below:

1. we are trying to install version 0.3.0. i copied it
to my root folder. This is the root folder for my
login/user id. Do i need to have root permissions of
the whole network.

2. if i don't need them, i extracted the tar file and
changed into the source directory and ran the
./configure command. after that i ran make command and
them make install.

3. i could not get the usr directory and the make
install process exited at this point saying that it
does not have permissions. I am pasting u the output
below...

Making install in src
make[1]: Entering directory
`/users/kgndpntl/firestorm-0.3.0/src'
make[2]: Entering directory
`/users/kgndpntl/firestorm-0.3.0/src'
/bin/sh ../mkinstalldirs /usr/local/bin
 /bin/sh ../libtool  --mode=install /usr/bin/install
-c  firestorm /usr/local/bi
n/firestorm
/usr/bin/install -c firestorm /usr/local/bin/firestorm
/usr/bin/install: cannot create regular file
`/usr/local/bin/firestorm': Permiss
ion denied
make[2]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory
`/users/kgndpntl/firestorm-0.3.0/src'
make[1]: *** [install-am] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory