Permission issues + proposed fix

Alright - I just wrote you about the rpc.rules, sorry to harass you, I'm trying to help.

The default config file was put in /usr/etc/firestorm.conf, rather than /etc/firestorm.conf. If you want people to have to "deal with it" before they use it, name it /etc/firestorm.conf.example

/var/firestorm/firestorm.rules is owned by root:root, so that needs a
#cd /var/firestorm
#chown fstorm:fstorm firestorm.rules

and then all the files in snort-rules are also root:root

#chown -R fstorm:fstorm snort-rules/

I would also recommend putting those groupadd commands that are in the readme into the make-install process somehow. Or at least making a +x bash script for people to run. Most people just run the commands blindly anyway.

okay - now I'm going to actually see what your program can do. =)

Thanks again -

Doug Lardo
Rochester Institute of Technology